Founded in 1966, CWE provides innovative engineering solutions to the rail industry, specialising in bogie repairs.
- Work to customer supplied processes and specifications.
- Work in partnership with customer, when specs not available, to devise repairs:
– Processes for bogie frame repair
– Processes for bogie frame weld
repair and machining.
- Appropriate tooling and jigs designed and manufactured in-house.
- Faro arm validation of work done.
- Over 350 parts on file.
- Able to work from drawings and specification.
- Able to reverse engineer parts when needed.
- Supply contracts available to support programed work.
- Parts & units provided to support C4, C6 or PRM programmes.
- Not only able to supply parts. We can also support fitment on site.
- Produce parts in house to support site work teams.
- Support costs down exercises.
- Support product/design improvements.
Accreditations and Inspection
CWE is registered to BSI ISO9001:2008 and working towards the 2015 standard. Coded welders to EN9606-1 & ISO 15614-1 Part 1 & ASME 1X. BS EN 1090-1 Ex 2 CE Marking.
Magnetic Particle Inspection PCN Level 2 & ASNT Level 2.