The rail business is focussed on the aftermarket repair, refurbishment and manufacture of parts for rolling stock. Customers include Unipart Rail, Wabtec Faiveley together with the TOCs and ROSCOs.
CWE is the largest refurbisher of rail centre couplers in the UK. Which is based at its dedicated Worksop facility.
We also make over 200 parts for traction and rolling stock. As well as repair and refurbish bogie frames at the site in Crowle.
Capabilities in rail
- Coupler refurbishment and repair
- Bogie frames refurbishment and repair
- Railway components in support of C4 and C6 activities
- Component Design and Analysis.
- Machining, Fabrication and Fitting on 2 sites.
- Dedicated rail facility.
- Non-destructive testing.
- Fast turnaround times.
- Extensive experience in the rail industry.
Accreditations and Inspection
CWE is registered to BSI ISO9001:2015 and has RISAS accreditation. Coded welders to EN 9606-1 & EN ISO 15614-1 Part 1 & ASME 1X.BS EN 1090-1 Ex 2 CE Marking.
Magnetic Particle Inspection PCN Level 2 MPI & ASNT levels. We are committed to reusing materials wherever possible to reduce costs and as a result limit our environmental impact.