The rail business is focussed on the aftermarket repair, refurbishment and manufacture of parts for rolling stock. Customers include Unipart Rail, Wabtec Faiveley together with the TOCs and ROSCOs.
CWE is the largest refurbisher of rail centre couplers in the UK, based at its dedicated Worksop facility.
CWE make over 200 parts for traction and rolling stock, and repair and refurbish rail bogie frames at the site in Crowle.
- Coupler refurbishment and repair
- Bogie frames refurbishment and repair
- Railway components in support of C4 and C6 activities
- Component Design and Analysis.
- Machining, Fabrication and Fitting on 2 sites.
- Dedicated rail facility.
- Non-destructive testing.
- Fast turnaround times.
- Extensive experience in the rail industry.
Accreditations and Inspection
CWE is registered to BSI ISO9001:2008 and working towards the 2015 standard. Coded welders to EN 9606-1 & EN ISO 15614-1 Part 1 & ASME 1X.BS EN 1090-1 Ex 2 CE Marking.
Magnetic Particle Inspection PCN Level 2 MPI & ASNT levels.We are committed to reusing materials wherever possible to reduce costs and to limit our environmental impact.