Crowle Wharf Engineers Ltd (CWE) has been providing specialist, high-quality engineering solutions since 1966. Specialising in safety-critical engineering for demanding environments, we work with Energy, Rail and Steel companies and their industry service providers.
From the beginnings in power stations, designing and making coal feedings, our work has expanded and Crowle Wharf Engineers Ltd now provides a one-stop design, machining and fabrication capability for the energy rail and steel industries. Our capabilities includes:
- Component design and analysis
- Precision engineering
- Installation, maintenance, overhaul and repair (including non-destructive testing)
- On-site installation, repair, overhaul and maintenance.
Whether working onsite or in our own facilities, you benefit from Crowle Wharf Engineers Ltd 50 years of engineering expertise. With a dedicated and loyal team, we strive to continually improve; investing in both young talent as well as developing and sharing internal expertise.
Our in-house specialists deliver bespoke solutions to cut downtimes, improve safety and increase reliability.
Our Customers include: Unipart Rail, Bombardier, Wabtec, Knorr Bremse, Drax, Aberthaw, Tata, Don Valley, Furmanite, TSC, HSC in Rail, Power, Steel, Oil and Gas.
Sectors We Specialise In
CWE focuses on the design, manufacture, installation and maintenance across a range of safety critical and demanding mechanical installations within the following sectors:
- Rail – coupler overhaul and maintenance, bogie overhaul and maintenance, other rail component supply, overhaul and maintenance.
- Energy – supply, overhaul and maintenance of components to the energy generation industry including coal, nuclear, wind, oil and gas companies and their service providers. Machining, fitting and fabrication for extractive industries and industrial material handling.
- Steel – design, machining and fabrication for steel manufacturing plants.
- Site – onsite work capability to support all of the above.
“There aren't many suppliers who can do this job.”
“The fact that CWE can do both machining and fabrication is a huge benefit to us.”
“It’s a close relationship and we work hard together.”
“We are getting exactly what we want out of the contract at the moment.”